Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Diggin' in the Trash

As a student walks into camp this morning, he grabs some trash out of his car and goes to throw it into the garbage can in front of our building.  This is a public garbage can, monthly cleaned by the city, frequented by people looking for something to eat, and full of a massive amount of germs.

Now this student instead of throwing the trash away throws his brand new pristine white iPhone 5S in the garbage can.  He then looks at me.  looks back into the trash... looks back at me and says, nonchalantly, "I threw my phone in there."  To which i respond, "well... what should we do?"  Blank Face.

I take off the cover of the trash can and I am going to grab for it, but he dives into the garbage can, leaning over to scrabble his fingers along the bottom to get the phone...

Again, I repeat this during drop off. So just realize there are 20 parents watching this happen.  Watching me force a child to get his phone out of a trashcan.

"Now wash your hands" I said as he walked into camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment