Monday, June 30, 2014

Editorials from 4s and 5s...

First Day of "Once Upon a Time" Camp with 4 and 5 year olds....

Playing "Cross the Room If" (after 4-5 questions)
Me: Cross the Room if you like salad!
A (with confidence as he crosses): Oh yeah! That is totally my question! 
B (at the same time, sighing, with a slightly resigned note): Salad? Oh, we've gotten to the adult questions now....

Playing "Keeper of the Keys" (or "Dragon's Gold")
Setup: I am in the middle of the room "sleeping" on two chairs and underneath me are my car keys as the "treasure," tied to a long ribbon. Students are hovering behind an arbitrary tape line I've put on the floor waiting for me to fall asleep...) 
Me (as "keeper" after about 8 attempts): I hear jinkling! I am waking up!
(students shriek with delight)
C: You know, you should totally choose another item for the treasure. Those keys make too much noise....

No comments:

Post a Comment